Monday 18 April 2016

DAVE DUPLISSEY THE ARTIST WHO BLOWS THE HORNS IN A WAY THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND....



In 1978 I recorded my first LP on the Creole Express label called “The Sensational Sax Sounds of Dave Duplissey Something for Everbody”.  It was pretty much a middle of the road country sax instrumental with the exception of two songs I wrote “Misty Bayou” and “Kajun Tango” that were more in the lines of smooth Jazz. 




   I recorded a 45 record on the Creole Gold label called “Cold Cold Heart” that was released nation wide by Betty and Joe Gibson of Nation wide sound distributions of Nashville Tenn. This song got a lot of airplay and lead the way for the L P. For example I was in Texarkana Ark.

 In a motel room watching the weather channel an it came on. I had friends that were truckers that heard it all over while driving the USA. My piano  player was in Nashville and heard it on the radio and went to the station and they put him on are right away then he called me all excited that he was on a Nashville radio station.  



   After touring around the southeast portion of the United states with my band The Creole Express I found it to be better to just be a sideman and I had a good reputation so the money was good less headache. I play on various 45’s and L P’s for different people like Tommy McLain who had a number 1 hit with Sweet Dreams and John Fred who had Judy in Disquise a international 1 hit. I was with John the last 15 yrs of his life.



   I started recording again in 2000 with my Cd “Still in Style” which was a double Cd with 20 songs on it. One of the two was a remastered Cd of my L P Something for Everybody .


Then came “Cool Sax”. After that was “From the Soul” followed by “Hot & Jazzy” Then “Lucky Seven”  I had a gospel Cd called “Songs of faith” after that. Than a turn towards Smooth Jazz with my “Mr Magic” Cd. At this time I did a Christmas Cd simply called Merry Christmas. I did “when I was 64” not because of my age but it was the 64th song I had recorded on the Saxophobia Records label.



 These were all cover songs and I decided to starting writing again so I came out with the “Wine & Roses “ Cd  all original songs but one cover. 2013. In 2014 I brought out “Salt & Pepper with Creole seasoning. I co wrote all the song with my friend and piano player Larry Turner.


  Right now I am in the studio working on my next Cd so far after two months I have one song tracked called “White Chocolate” This will be a funky jazz Cd.

  As far as live performances I play with my band and freelance with five other bands which keeps me busy here in Louisiana. Going to Jackson Miss for a wedding in May then Destin Fla for a corporate convention in June then Hot Springs Ark in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment